Grant County Strategic Infrastructure Program
The Grant County Strategic Infrastructure Program is a resource for funding public infrastructure projects that result in the creation or retention of jobs and/or businesses within Grant County. Eligible applicants for funding include cities, towns, port districts, and other local government jurisdictions.
The Washington State Legislature has established eligibility requirements for the use of these funds:
- Funds can only be used to finance “public facilities” such as “bridges, roads, domestic and industrial water facilities, sanitary sewer facilities, earth stabilization, storm sewer facilities, railroads, electrical facilities, natural gas facilities, research, testing, training, and incubation facilities in innovation partnership zones designated under RCW 43.330.270, buildings, structures, telecommunications infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, or commercial infrastructure, and port facilities in the state of Washington." RCW 82.14.370(3) (c)(i).
- The public facility must serve "economic development purposes," which is defined as "those purposes which facilitate the creation or retention of businesses and jobs in a county." RCW 82.14.370(3)(a), (c)(ii).
- "The public facility must be listed as an item in the officially adopted county overall economic development plan, or the economic development section of the county's comprehensive plan, or the comprehensive plan of a city or town located within the county for those counties planning under RCW 36.70A.040. For those counties that do not have an adopted overall economic development plan and do not plan under the growth management act, the public facility must be listed in the county's capital facilities plan or the capital facilities plan of a city or town located within the county." RCW 82.14.370(3)(a).
If a local government jurisdiction in Grant County has a project that meets these eligibility requirements they are encouraged to complete a project proposal application that can be obtained by clicking here.
Completed project proposal applications are accepted four times during each calendar year. Please submit the original application and seven (7) copies to the Grant County EDC Office.
The deadline for submitting completed applications:
- January 15, 2019 (Jan 15, 2020)
- April 15, 2019 (April 15, 2020) Canceled
- July 15, 2019 (July 15, 2020)
- October 15, 2019 (October 15, 2020)