Incorporated in 1950, City of Electric City sits on the shores of beautiful Banks Lake and offers outstanding recreational activities like fishing, boating, climbing, camping and generally enjoying the wonderful eastern Washington climate. Located just a few miles from the Grand Coulee Dam and Lake Roosevelt numerous opportunities exist to enjoy yourself.
City of Electric City
10 Western Ave
Electric City, WA 99123
City Council Members
Mayor Diane Kohout
Council Member Don Redfield
Council Member Bob Rupe
Council Member Brian Buche
Council Member Cate Slater
Community Information & Web Links
City Levy Rate 11.44041882720 per $1,000 of assessed value
City of Electric City Council Meetings 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
Grand Coulee Dam School District
Big Bend Community College
Grand Coulee Star Local Newspaper
Grand Coulee Area Chamber of Commerce
US National Parks-Grand Coulee Dam
- Interstate 90 is 77 miles south
- State Road 155 runs directly through the area
- State Highway 2 is 19 miles east
- State Road 174 connects to Highway 2
- Burlington Northern Railroad is 25 miles from the area main line.
Public Transportation Network
- Greyhound stops in Moses Lake 71 miles south
- Amtrak stops in Ephrata 55 miles south of Electric City.
- Local airport: Grand Coulee Dam Area Airport.
- Pasco, WA Container Barge Terminal: 143 Miles south
- Water Type: Columbia River
- Channel Depth: 15'
- Turning Basin: 225'
- Barging Facilities: Yes
- General Cargo Facilities: Yes
- Containerized Facilities: Yes
- Storage Facilities: Yes
- Highways Serving Port: State Highway 395
- Railways Serving Port: Burlington Northern Santa Fa Main Line