The City of Mattawa is a Grant County farming town of about 6,800 people. Mattawa rests on the bottom of Grant County, 15 miles south of the I-90 corridor, and overlooks the majestic Columbia River and almost uncountable acres of orchards and vineyards.
The City of Mattawa enjoys a 5 acre public park equipped with a variety of playground equipment scattered around the public space with a small skate park. And the community of Desert-Aire comes with a 3 acre public park with a swimming pool, small recreational gym and a marina owned by the Grant County PUD. The Marina allows access to the Columbia River, 8,000 acres lake.
Southern Grant County has over 100,000 acres of beautiful scenery, rural recreation is the main tourist attraction for the area. Fishing, hunting, hiking, boating and camping.
City Council Members
Mayor Maria M. Celaya
Sun M. Hwang
Antonio D. Acosta
- Interstate 90 is 28 miles north and State Road 243 is one mile west
Public Transportation Network
- Greyhound stops in Moses Lake 57 miles northeast
- Amtrak stops in Ephrata 50 miles northeast of Mattawa
- Local airport is the Desert Aire Municipal Airport which has a runway of 3,600 ft.
- Pasco, WA Container Barge Terminal: 64 Miles south
- Water Type: Columbia River
- Channel Depth: 15'
- Turning Basin: 225'
- Barging Facilities: Yes
- General Cargo Facilities: Yes
- Containerized Facilities: Yes
- Storage Facilities: Yes
- Highways Serving Port: State Highway 395
- Railways Serving Port: Burlington Northern Santa Fa Main Line