City of Moses Lake is located in the Columbia Basin of Eastern Washington. It is home to an international airport, a foreign trade zone, industrial power rates that average 2.5 cents per kilowatt hour, inexpensive land, a high speed fiber optic network, low tax rates and a highly trained manufacturing workforce. Its location along Interstate 90 and the Columbia Basin Short Line Rail make it easy to ship freight in and out of the area.
Big Bend Community College, located in Moses Lake, offers specialized training to fit the specific needs of local businesses. Access to upper-level educational institutions including Washington State University and Central Washington University is also available without leaving the campus.
Moses Lake's economy in the past has been mainly supported by agricultural business. However in recent years Moses Lake and its surrounding area has experienced a considerable amount of growth in manufacturing and technology. Due to the availability of affordable power and inexpensive land many companies have moved to the area.
City Council Members
Mayor Don Meyers
Deputy Mayor Deanna Martinez
Community Information & Web Links
City Levy Rate per $1,000 of assessed values
City of Moses Lake Council Meetings 2nd & 4th Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Port of Moses Lake Commissioner Meetings 2nd & 4th Monday, 10:00 a.m.
- Interstate 90 passes along the south city limits
- State Road 17 passes through Moses Lake
- Columbia Basin Railroad Short Line Serves the Moses Lake area with the nearest switching yard being located in Pasco, 71 miles south.
Public Transportation Network
- Greyhound stops in Moses Lake
- Amtrak stops in Ephrata 14 miles north of Moses Lake
- Local Airport: Moses Lake Municipal Airport serves private and crop duster planes with a runway of 1,800 ft.
- Regional Airport: Grant County International Airport with Foreign Trade Zone. Also serves as a test site for Boeing. The airport has 2 runways of 13,500ft and 10,000 ft. FedEx serves as the air cargo.
- Pasco, WA Container Barge Terminal: 71 Miles south
- Water Type: Columbia River
- Channel Depth: 15'
- Turning Basin: 225'
- Barging Facilities: Yes
- General Cargo Facilities: Yes
- Containerized Facilities: Yes
- Storage Facilities: Yes
- Highways Serving Port: State Highway 395
- Railways Serving Port: Burlington Northern Santa Fa Main Line
Metro Area Distances
Product or Service
|Basic American Foods||538 Potato Frontage Rd SE||115||Dehydrated Potato Processing||31142|
|Chemi-Con Materials Corp.||9053 Graham Rd NE||55||Electrolitic Aluminium Foil||33131|
|D&L Foundry, Inc.||12970 Road 3||184||Manhole Covers||33151|
|Akzo Nobel Pulp & Paper Chemicals||2701 Road N NE||40||Sodium Chloride||32518|
|Genie Industries, Inc.||8987 Graham St NE||1400||Industrial Lifts||33392|
|International Paper||13594 Wheeler Rd NE||100||Corrugated Box Manufacturing||32221|
|J.R. Simplot Co.||14124 Wheeler Rd NE||375||Dehyrated Potato Products||31141|
|Moses Lake Industries Inc.||8248 Randolph Rd NE||240||Industrial Chemicals||32518|
|National Frozen Foods Corp.||14406 Road 3 NE||275||Vegetable Processing||31141|
|REC Silicon||3322 Road N NE||450||Polysilicon Manufacturing||33141|
|SGL Automotive Carbon Fiber||8781 Randolph Rd NE||80||Carbon Fiber Manufacturing||33590|
|Takata||9138 Randolph Rd NE||353||Automotive Airbags||33639|
|Western Polymer Corp.||32 Rd R SE||49||Potato Starch||31121|